Thursday, June 17, 2010

the rest of memorial weekend.

Sunday May 30,2010.
Church. Pool. Nap. to the Gauthier's for dinner!
On the menu: Ribs, Corn on the Cob, Baked Beans, Asparagus, Potato Salad, Homemade Rolls with honey-cinnamon butter, and Brownies with Banana Split ice cream.
Three weeks later and I still remember everything we ate. Why? Because no one cooks ribs like John and Jill cook ribs. My mouth is salivating thinking about it.
Entertainment: Listening to Dad try to deny John's celebrity status, Kiddos in the pool, Girl talk with Jill, Mom and Ky, Watching Jared try to figure out what potato salad is and this little girl...
My mini my. In every way possible. It's almost scary just how alike we are.
Verdict: Amazing Sunday. Always a party with our best family friends!

Monday was Memorial day.
If I were in school I would not have school but I am not in school so I don't have school anyways, haha confused yet?!
With out five year tradition stay strong it was back to the choppy waters of DonP with the Stiles, still newlyweds Nate and Mckae and of course Abby's friends Davis and Marco. The Bu was just the way it should be, full!

Denise, Mom, Mckae and I decided we would go on a somewhat calm girls ride on the tube.
My faces in the next few photos show how I felt about the "calm"...
[double click on each photo to enlarge]
Not even going and we're all doing great!
A little bit nervous on my part but Mama is apparently loving it in the back.
Me thinking I am about to die,
Mckae with perfectly pointed toes but little scared,
Mom and Denise loving life?
We told dad to cut it soon after this because Mom's arms were about to fall off. I guess staying on the back in much harder than it looks.

I know I look like a sissy but what came next was no calm girls ride.
For some reason I agreed to be accompanied by Camille, Davis and Marco for a quick crazy ride before getting back to the dock. After hand signals, I didn't see, being given to my dad to go faster the crazy factor came into play. Two minutes after we got going we found ourselves face to face with a rogue title wave that launched us all about five feet in the air. Apparently we flipped all sorts of crazy ways because somehow my calf hit Marco's face and Davis' arm whacked my writs. All I remember though is being in the water after, not happy and having to recover my suit bottoms that had found their way to my knees.
Papa laughed, I did not find this funny because I had been able to manage wake boarding and the tube all while keeping my hair dry for the previous six hours. I was sopping wet head to toe when the sun decided to hide behind a mass of clouds.

To make it up to me I made daddy-o fill up the ballast, take down the tube, and let me surf which we weren't going to do because of time. He agreed and in about ten minutes I was numb in the water and ready.
This made the whole crash and bruises that lasted two weeks well worth it. Wake surfing makes my feel like less of a wuss because no little girl could handle the wave my boat had behind it. Thanks papa!

Wouldn't have been here without good ol' Eyjafjallajoekull.

Who would have guessed a volcano would change my plans for the summer of 2010. Thank you Iceland for giving me my family and the lake this summer!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Such a wonderful tradition with such wonderful people...oh how I love being on the lake with my family and friends...there is nothing better!